Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tuesday - June 19 - Visit to Ministry for Culture in Ecuador


Did I mention that it takes close to two hours to get to Bicentenario in the morning.  I get picked up early in the bus route around 7:30 a.m. and we arrive around 9:15 a.m. or so.

After our work at Bicentenario today, Dr. Magdalena and I went to the offices of the Ministerio de Cultura del Ecuador.  There I met with the minister, Erika Sylva.  We talked for about 20 minutes about things I might be able to do during the fall when I return to Ecuador.  The talks went well, and there may be opportunities for me to work with the Ministerio during my Fulbright stay.

Ecuador is creating four brand new universities and one of them is devoted to the arts, that's where the Ministerio de Cultura del Ecuador comes into play.  Where I would contribute would be with helping with assessment of the classes, and overall curriculum.  There is also interest in peer review of faculty, possibly developing a CTL (center for teaching and learning for faculty professional development - which is what I head up at IU Southeast), and using course management software in order to deliver course related materials for each course through the web (handouts, quizzes, tests, collect homeworks, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment